Chapter 4: Don’t rely on luck, here are 13 items to put in your Vehicle Before Winter
Winter car preparation is crucial for staying safe in cold weather emergencies on the road. Being prepared will make things easier if you break down, get in a crash, or get stuck in the snow.
- Emergency Kit - filled with your basic needs like food, water, a mylar blanket and other critical tools and hygiene items in case you are to be stranded for an extended period of time.
- Blankets, Gloves, and other winter clothing
- First Aid Kit
- Extra Windshield Washer Fluid
- Emergency Flares of Reflectors
- Sturdy ice scraper and snow brush
- Portable Phone Charger
- Jumper Cables
- Flashlight/NOAA Radio Combo
- Rope or Chain for towing
- Ice melt or sand